EAST RAMAPO MARCHING BAND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Click here for a recent (October 2, 2014) article in lohud.com of the Band
January 2016 Week 3 - Mon. Jan. 18 to Sun. Jan. 24
- Tues. Jan. 5. Performance at Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration at Ramapo High School. (for current band members performing, new band members can watch) Dress--Black pants, black socks, yellow shirts, Band Jackets.
- 2:45 p.m. Arrival at Ramapo High School, in Band room.
- 3:00 p.m. Doors open to public (admission is free)
- 3:45 p.m. (Approximate) Performance
- 4:15 p.m. (Approximate) Performance
- Sat. Jan. 23 - Canceled Rehearsal due to weather conditions. 9am to 11am Rehearsal is CANCELED at Spring Valley High School
January 2016 Week 2 - Mon. Jan. 11 to Sun. Jan. 17
There is one rehearsal this week.
- Sat. Jan. 16 - 9am to 11am Rehearsal at Spring Valley High School
January 2016 Week 1 - Mon. Jan. 4 to Sun. Jan. 10
Happy New Year! There is one performance and one rehearsal this week.
- Tues. Jan. 5. Performance at Ramapo Town Hall. Dress--Black pant, black socks, yellow shirts, Band Jackets.
- 4:00 p.m. Arrival at Spring Valley High School
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. Depart for Ramapo Town Hall, Suffern, NY (on Rt. 59)
- 8:00 p.m. Return
- 8:30 p.m. Dismissal
- Sat. Jan. 9 - 9am to 11am Rehearsal at Spring Valley High School
Winter Break 2015 - Thur. Dec. 24, 2015 to Fri. Jan. 1, 2016
No Rehearsals or performances this or next week.
WEEK 16 Fall 2015 - Mon. Dec. 14 to Sun. Dec. 20
No Rehearsals or performances this week.
WEEK 14 Fall 2015 - Mon. Nov. 30 to Sun. Dec. 6
-> Please note that there is no band appearance on Friday, Dec. 4 (earlier a basketball game appearance had been scheduled).
- Mon. Nov. 30 Welcome Superintendent Performance The band has the honor of being part of the welcome to our new Interim Superintendent, Dr. Deborah Wortham. All parents are encouraged to attend.
Band members wear yellow band shirts, black pants, black shoes, black socks and band jackets.
- Arrive at 5:00pm at Spring Valley High School
- Dinner at 5:30pm
- Leave at 6:15pm for Pomona Middle School.
- Performance at 7:00pm
- Return at 8pm (estimated) for Parent Pickup.
Carousel Pie & Cake Sale
Delivery Date (for those who made orders): Tues. Nov. 24 (Pickup at Rehearsal)
Our November fundraiser is with Rockland County-based Carousel Cakes. Carousel Cakes are made of the finest, fresh ingredients... just one taste will convince you! They specialize in chocolate cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes and other fine desserts. Deadline for Orders (Cash or Checks Only) is Mon. Nov. 16 - Delivery in time for Thanksgiving! .
Click here for 3 page flyer (Summary, Pie & Cake Descriptions, and Student Order Form)
WEEK 13 Fall 2015 - Mon. Nov. 23 to Sun. Nov. 29
- Tues. Nov. 24 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Wed. Nov. 25 Tour of the District
- Arrive at 7:15am at Spring Valley High School
- Leave at 7:30am for tour. (Lunch will be provided).
- Return at 4pm for Parent Pickup. No Buses will be available.
- Thur. Nov. 26 - Fri. Nov. 27 Thanksgiving Recess - No School
WEEK 12 Fall 2015 - Mon. Nov. 16 to Sun. Nov. 22
- Tues. Nov. 17 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Thur. Nov. 19 3pm Rehearsal & Show Performance for Channel 12 News at Spring Valley High.
WEEK 11 Fall 2015 - Mon. Nov. 9 to Sun. Nov. 15
- Mon. Nov. 9 Board Meeting Appearance at 7:30pm
- Tues. Nov. 10 NO Rehearsal Today
- Wed. Nov. 11 Veterans Day - No School
WEEK 10 Fall 2015 - Mon. Nov. 2 to Sun. Nov. 8
- Tues. Nov. 3 Superintendent's Conference Day - No School
- Thur. Nov. 5 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
WEEK 9 Fall 2015 - Mon. Oct. 26 to Sun. Nov. 1
Last week's pep rally, football game AND Championship performances were fantastic. Great job. This week, there is a Spring Valley High football game at Torne Valley.
- Tues. Oct. 27 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Thur. Oct. 29 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Fri. Oct. 30
WEEK 8 Fall 2015 - Mon. Oct. 19 to Sun. Oct. 25
WELCOME to WEEK 8 of the ERMB 2015 Fall Schedule. This week has a MAC Championship performance on Saturday, in Marching Band Class II. Schedule of the MAC Championship is available by clicking here. Directions to Naugatuck High School are available by clicking here. Admission for adults is $15.00. Admission for children (Ages 10 and under) is $10.00. Proceeds from this championship event fund Musical Arts Conference's (MAC) extensive scholarship program throughout the season.
Friday is a Football game at Torne Valley for Ramapo vs. Port Chester, kickoff at 7:30pm.
- Tues. Oct. 20 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Wed. Oct. 21 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Thur. Oct. 22 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Fri. Oct. 23
- For the Ramapo High School Pep Rally, WEAR YELLOW SHIRTS AND BLACK PANTS & SOCKS FOR RALLY AND FOR FOOTBALL GAME FRIDAY EVENING.
- A bus leaves Chestnut Ridge Middle School at 11:15am for CRMS students
- Bus leaves Spring Valley High for Ramapo High at 11:30am with the band
- Lunch at Ramapo High at 1:30pm-2pm
- Bus arrives back at Spring Valley at 2:20pm
- Dress Rehearsal at 3pm-5pm at Spring Valley High
- Dinner from 5pm-5:45pm
- Depart at 6pm for Torne Valley
- Football: Ramapo vs. Port Chester, Kickoff at 7:30pm
- Depart for Spring Valley High at 9:15pm
- Arrive at Spring Valley High at 9:30pm
- Dismissal at 9:45pm
- Saturday, Oct. 24
- Arrive 11:30am at Spring Valley High
- Rehearsal at 12pm-1:45pm
- Lunch from 1:45pm-2:15pm (Bring Bag Lunch)
- Depart at 2:30pm for Naugatuck, CT
- MAC Championship Performance at 6:15pm
- Leave for Spring Valley High at 8:30pm
- Dismissal at 9:45pm
WEEK 7 Fall 2015 - Mon. Oct. 12 to Sun. Oct. 18
WELCOME to WEEK 7 of the ERMB 2015 Fall Schedule. This week the band performs at the Spring Valley High School vs. Ramapo High School football game at the Spring Valley football field. Parents and families, come and cheer for the band and the football teams. Also, an appearance at the Cultural Arts Festival!
- Mon. Oct. 12 Columbus Day Holiday (no school)
- Tues. Oct. 13 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Wed. Oct. 14 4pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Thur. Oct. 15 Staff Development Day - Early Dismissal
- Fri. Oct. 16 4pm-6pm Sectional Rehearsal (Color Guard and Percussion only)
- NOTE FOR BAND: Dress appropriately for cool weather.
- All shall wear Black Socks, comfortable All-Black Shoes, bring black jackets
- Band wears black long sleeves under yellow shirts
- Color Guard wears black tops with long sleeves
- Rehearsal from 4pm-5pm at Spring Valley High
- Dinner from 5pm-6pm
- Return to Spring Valley High at 9pm
- Dismissal at 9:30pm
- Sat. Oct. 17
- Arrive before 9am, for 9am-11am Rehearsal at Spring Valley High School.
- Leave for Spring Valley field at 11:30am
- Football Game: Ramapo School Varsity vs. Spring Valley School Varsity, kickoff at 12pm
- Leave football field at 3pm
- Leave Spring Valley High for Cultural Arts Center at 6:20pm
- Cultural Arts Festival band appearance at 6:30pm at Town of Ramapo Cultural Arts Center in downtown Spring Valley
- Return to Spring Valley, with dismissal at 7:30pm
WEEK 1 Fall 2015
Congratulations to all band members who attended Band Camp, and to those who performed on the last day, Thur. Aug. 27. Also, the last day's picnic dinner was a lot of fun for parents, band members, staff and families.
WELCOME to WEEK 1 of the ERMB 2015 Fall Schedule! There are TWO performances this week, even before school has started. The band performs at both home games for Ramapo and Spring Valley High Schools. Parent and families are encouraged to come and cheer for the band and for the football teams.
- Tues. Sep. 1 2pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Thur. Sep. 3 2pm-6pm Rehearsal at Spring Valley High.
- Fri. Sep. 4
- Rehearsal from 2pm-5pm at Spring Valley High
- Dinner from 5pm-6pm
- Leave for Torne Valley Recreation Center by bus at 6pm
- Football Game: Ramapo High School Varsity vs. Suffern, kickoff at 7pm
- Return to Spring Valley High at 9pm
- Dismissal at 9:30pm
- Sat. Sep. 5
- Rehearsal from 10am-11:30am at Spring Valley High
- Lunch from 11:30am-12:30pm
- Leave for field at 12:30pm
- Football Game: Spring Valley High School Varsity vs. Tappan Zee, kickoff at 1:30pm
- Dismissal at 4:00pm
East Ramapo Marching Band Parents Association Meeting
Meeting is Wed. Aug. 12 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at Music rooms at Spring Valley High.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2015 8:00am-3:30pm
SATURDAY, AUGUST 15,2015 8:00am-3:30pm
PLEASE CONTACT GERRY DAVIS DeDIVITIS IMMEDIATELY AS THE DATE IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING. Send Email to GLD44D @ VERIZON.NET , or call 845-270-1639
NOTIFY ALL PAST MEMBERS. PASS THE WORD.
MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2015 4:30pm-6:30pm
TUESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2015 4:30pm-6:30pm
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2015 4:30pm-6:30pm
THURSDAY, AUGUST 20, 2015 4:30pm-6:30pm
FRIDAY, AUGUST 21, 2015 4:30pm-6:30pm
LOCATION IS AT SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
Band Camp 2015
Hello East Ramapo Band and Parents,
We are all EXCITED ABOUT OUR 2015 BAND THIS YEAR. Come to Band Camp to learn routines, make friends, and find out all the great activities for this school year.
Band Camp 2015 continues into its third week at Spring Valley High, with buses taking band members to Torne Valley Recreation Center on both days, Tuesday and Thursday.
BAND CAMP 2015 SCHEDULE
TUESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2015 11:45am-6:00pm
6:00pm Parent Meeting -> Parents, each family are asked to bring one item for Thursday's picnic to be shared with everyone. Members brought home a flyer last Friday with further information.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 27, 2015 11:45am-6:00pm
6:00pm Performance & Picnic for band and families
Congratulations on a great season. East Ramapo Marching Band officially ended its season this past week (Mon. June 1 - Sat. June 6). We will not have anymore rehearsals or events so that students can take the time to focus on their up coming finals. Everyone should take the time to study hard. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for information pertaining to next years marching band. Take care and have a great summer.
(Monday, May 25 - Saturday, May 30)
CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT PERFORMANCE AT THE HAITIAN DAY PARADE ON SUNDAY!
- No rehearsal for Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day Holiday
- Wed. May 27 - Rehearsal 4pm-6pm ALL Band Members must attend! We will be discussing the end of this season and the beginning of next season.
- Sunday May 24 - Haitian Day Parade in Spring Valley Band members wear Yellow Band Shirts with Black Pants - NO SHORTS. BAND MEMBERS MUST STAY WITH THE BAND: ALL THOSE TRAVELLING WITH THE BAND MUST RETURN WITH THE BAND ON THE BUS.
- Arrive at SVHS @1:00pm
- Depart for Spring Valley Village Hall @2:15pm
- Parade Begins @3:00pm
- Leave from Memorial Park @3:45pm
- Parents, Pickup at Spring Valley High School @4:00pm
Click here for REQUIRED PERMISSION FORM
- Wed. May 13 - PARENT MEETING 6pm-7pm directly following the rehearsal.
- Parents, please come to the Parent's Association meeting
- Upcoming Events will be discussed
- End of Band Year Awards Dinner will be discussed
- Fundraisers will be discussed
(Monday, April 27 - Saturday, May 2)
- No rehearsal for Monday, April 27
- Wed. Apr. 29 - Rehearsal 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, May 2 - Performance at Boulder Stadium - Special Event.
- ARRIVAL AT SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL AT: 12:00 pm
- BUSES WILL LEAVE SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL AT 11:45 AM
- ARRIVE AT BOULDERS STADIUM AT 12:15 P:M
- LEAVE BOULDERS STADIUM AFTER 1:00 PERFORMANCE AT 2:00 P:M
- ARRIVE AT SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL 2:30 P:M PARENT PICK UP
- Parent Pickup at 3:30pm
Our upcoming schedule:
- Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day Parade. Details to be determined.
- Sunday, May 24 - Haitian Day Parade. Details to be determined.
Group Picture of East Ramapo Marching Band on Nov. 1, 2014. Courtesy of May Neils
DINNER / DANCE on MAY 31, 2013
at Pomona Middle School, 6:00pm-10:00pm
This is open to current band members and their families. There will be a DJ for everyone to dance!
We are asking families to bring a hot dish or vegetable dish or salad to this dinner. Families are bringing Baked Ziti, Chicken & Sausage, Chicken Wings (3 families!), Fried Chicken, Chili, Curry, Lasagna, Meatballs & Rice & Peas, Igloo drink dispenser, Ice, Quiches, Salads, Rice & Beans (2 families.
Heating trays will be available, so bring your hot food. We look forward to having you!
Send me an email if you have questions: email@example.com
Come to Our Home Competition - "African Fantasy" !
(click picture below for a flyer)
The East Ramapo Marching Band is an award-winning band, winning Musical Arts Conference (MAC) Class I champions 2009 Championship on Nov. 14, 2009 (see picture on upper right).
During this past Fall 2012 season, the band performed on the field and in the stands at every football home game of the Ramapo Gryphons and Spring Valley Tigers. They boosted team spirit at Pep Rallies for both Ramapo and Spring Valley High Schools. The band marched in the 25th Anniversary Nyack Halloween Parade, making our 16th appearance in the parade. The tour of the district's schools (and the administration building) the day before Thanksgiving was enjoyed by all.
During the Summer, the band has a couple of practices before the week-long Band Camp in August. The Calendar link on left lists the current information.
In the Spring, the East Ramapo Marching Band participates in parades and events. This time of year is called "Parade Season." See the Calendar ( Click here for Calendar ) for current information.
After the competitions in the Fall, several band members participate in two support groups of the East Ramapo Marching Band: Winter Percussion and Winter Guard. This is the winter season, in December, January and February. Both groups have joint rehearsals together every week, and also both groups go to competitions (each group competes alone, although they go to competitions together). Also during this season, the East Ramapo Marching Band supports our Ramapo High School's and our Spring Valley High School's basketball games.
Friday, Sept. 14, 2012 Schedule for Football Game, Ramapo H.S. vs. Carmel
- Take the regular after school bus to Ramapo High School
- Load the truck
- Run through music
- Eat Pizza (provided by Director)
- Leave for Torne Valley @5:45pm
- Unload truck at Torne Valley
- Game begins at 7:00pm
- Reload Truck
- Return to Ramapo H. S. - approx. 11:00pm
Please ask your parents to be on time to pick you up.
Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 Schedule for Football Game, Spring Valley H.S. vs. Gorton
- Arrive at Ramapo High School at 10:30am
- Load the truck
- Leave for Spring Valley High School at 12:00 noon
- Unload truck at Spring Valley
- Game begins at 1:30pm
- Game ends at 4:00pm
- Reload Truck
- Return to Ramapo H. S. - approx. 5:00pm
Please ask your parents to be on time to pick you up.
A Welcome Message From Our New Director
Hello Marching Band students!
Let me express how ecstatic I am to be the 2012-13 East Ramapo Marching Band Director. I was extremely excited to receive the news. I am looking forward to meeting those of you who I have not had the pleasure of meeting, and anxiously await to see familiar faces.
As a organization I am sure we wish much success to Michael Smith in Nyack. Band students and parents are fortunate to have such a leader. I am sure “Smitty,” as he likes to be called, will be an asset to the musical development of his students.
Though Smitty will be missed in East Ramapo, I expect we will have lots of fun making great music. You will find that the schedule for the marching season is not be “life consuming.” Though I am a marching band person with much experience I also realize each of you have other obligations.
Since there was no band camp in August, competitions will not be part of our season this year. We will continue to support our football teams (Spring Valley and Ramapo High Schools) by playing for all home games. I do intend to have you marching on the field to some degree, so be prepared to march each rehearsal. Drills will be basic and something we all can contribute to. We will also participate in the Nyack Halloween Parade, which I know you look forward to.
Again, things will be different and at times possibly challenging. But, hopefully we will persevere through those moments, continue making great music, and have fun in doing so. Students will have a major role in our decisions and success, so come to all practices with fresh and creative ideas. I am open to your ideas and look forward to seeing how original you can be.
Have a great school year and, help keep music alive!!! See you soon.
Marching Band update
An August 20, 2012 memo to The East Ramapo Marching Band Members from:
Earlena M. Thevenin
Fine Arts Coordinator
Thank you for your patience as we make this major transition for the East Ramapo Marching Band. We are heavy at heart at the loss of Mr. Smith (Note: Mr. Smith was hired by Nyack School District) after all of these years but we are happy that he is beginning a new chapter of his life as band teacher and marching band director in another district.
We are beginning a new chapter in our lives as well and we need to honor Mr. Smith and ourselves by continuing on the path to a new and successful year of Marching Band. This can only happen if each one of you prepares to move forward with SUCCESS as your focus.
You have the foundation, talent and energy to continue as the outstanding marching band that you have become. We have made recommendations for a Marching Band Director and related positions. Their names will be brought before the Board of Education for approval on September 4, 2012.
Marching Band will begin as soon after September 4, 2012 as possible. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or in my office after 9/4/12 at 845-577-6018 any time with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Thank you and enjoy the remainder of your vacation!
Click on picture for a flyer (in .pdf).
East Ramapo Marching Band - Notes
Notes For This Sunday February 26, 2012
Please be at Lafayette Theater in Suffern by 12:15pm. Be prompt. Your show will be performed one time only, followed by viewing of the movie.
Do not go to Ramapo High School as there will not be transportation. Bring your instruments and flags.
Doors open to public at 12:30pm.
Lafayette Theater is on Rt. 59 in Suffern, across the street from Avon and Sacred Heart Church. There is a parking lot on Washington Street. Additional parking is in the rear.
Be ready for your show wearing your yellow band shirt, sneakers
Tickets- $10.00 each. Write your name on envelope with the money and extra tickets. I will be at the theater early to collect them.
Bring friends, families, and more friends and families.
Ms. Evelyn Watford 521-0466
THE ERMB IS STILL RECRUITING
Still want to join the East Ramapo Marching Band?
Have your parent fill out the Travel Release and Information form, and bring it to any rehearsal. We are looking forward to having you in our band.
Please see the Calendar for any changes to the schedule (see link on left).
Disney Performance- The band will be performing at Disney in Orlando, Florida. We are accepting payments for your trip and/or for your child. Please check website for further details.
Evelyn Watford, Pres. Band Parents Assoc.
Click on "Walt Disney World" picture for a flyer and form for the Spring Break 2012 trip.
Click for EAST RAMAPO MARCHING BAND 2011 Travel Release and INFORMATION Form
Michael E. Smith