Note: Please scroll down for an Urgent Message
Welcome to eastramapomarchingband.org, the official site for the East Ramapo Marching Band, located in the East Ramapo Central School District in beautiful Rockland County, New York State.
NEW - Scroll below the flyer picture for notes for this Sunday February 26, 2012
Click here for Photos of the Band
EAST RAMAPO MARCHING BAND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Click here for a recent (October 2, 2014) article in lohud.com of the Band
Week 11 (Monday, Nov. 10 - Saturday, Nov. 15)
- Monday, Nov. 10: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Tuesday, Nov. 11: Veteran's Day - No school for all students
- Wednesday, Nov. 12: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
Week 10 (Monday, Nov. 3 - Saturday, Nov. 8)
- Monday, Nov. 3: No rehearsal today
- Tuesday, Nov. 4: Superintendent's Conference Day / Election Day - No school for all students
- Wednesday, Nov. 5: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
Note: Congratulations to the band for last Saturday's performances at the MAC Championship and at the Rockland Youth Film Festival in downtown Spring Valley.
ERMB Group Picture on Sat. Nov. 1, 2014. Photo courtesy of May Neils
Week 9 (Monday, Oct. 27 - Saturday, Nov. 1)
- Monday, Oct. 27: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm.
- Wednesday, Oct. 29: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, Nov. 1: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 9am-1pm
- Saturday, Nov. 1: MAC Championships at Kennedy Stadium at Central High School in Bridgeport, CT. The band's appearance is scheduled for 5:15pm. The address is 1 Lincoln Boulevard, Bridgeport CT 06460 .
- Saturday, Nov. 1: On the same night as the Championships the band plans to support out our community and appear at the Rockland Youth Film Festival in Spring Valley. The address is: Town of Ramapo Cultural Arts Center, 64 North Main Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977 .
Note: Click here for a permission slip for all of Saturday's appearances.
Week 8 (Monday, Oct. 20 - Saturday, Oct. 25)
- Monday, Oct. 20: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm. Parent Meeting at 6pm.
- Wednesday, Oct. 22: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Friday, Oct. 24: Ramapo High Pep Rally from 12pm - 2pm
- Saturday, Oct. 25: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 9am-1pm
- Saturday, Oct. 25: MAC Competition at Shelton, CT. The band's appearance is scheduled for 6:15pm.
- NOTE: Playoff football games were scheduled at the beginning of this week - and the band will be unable to attend: The Spring Valley Tigers football team has a home playoff game vs. Hendrick Hudson on Saturday, Oct 25 @2:30pm. The Ramapo Gryphons football team has a home playoff game vs. Ossining on Friday, Oct 24 @ 7pm at Torne Valley Recreation Center.
Week 7 (Monday, Oct. 13 - Friday, Oct. 17)
- Monday, Oct. 13: No School (Columbus Day)
- Wednesday, Oct. 15: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Thursday, Oct. 16: Staff Development / Early Dismissal
- Friday, Oct. 17: Football Game Ramapo High(home) vs. Port Chester at Torne Valley @7:00pm kickoff time.
- Note: The band does not attend the away football game on Saturday.
Week 6 (Monday, Oct. 6 - Friday, Oct. 10)
- Monday, Oct. 6: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Monday, Oct. 6: Parent Meeting @6pm
- Wednesday, Oct. 8: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Friday, Oct. 10: Football Game Spring Valley High(home) vs. Ramapo High at Spring Valley @3:45pm kickoff time. [rescheduled game]
- Note: There is no football game on Saturday as it is to be played on Friday, Oct. 10.
Week 5 (Monday, Sept. 29 - Saturday, Oct. 4)
- Monday, Sept. 29: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Wednesday, Oct. 1: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Friday, Oct. 3: An appearance at the Pep Rally at Spring Valley @12pm (periods 7 and 8). A rehearsal follows immediately from 2pm to 4pm.
- Note: The band will NOT appear at a football game this week.
Week 4 (Monday, Sept. 22 - Saturday, Sept. 27)
- Monday, Sept. 22: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 24: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Friday, Sept. 27: Rehearsal @9am, followed by an appearance at the Spring Valley High Football game vs. Pearl River (Game time is 1:30pm)
Week 3 (Monday, Sept. 15 - Saturday, Sept. 20)
- Monday, Sept. 15: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 17: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Friday, Sept. 19: Rehearsal @4pm, followed by an appearance at the Ramapo High Football game at Torne Valley vs. Carmel (Game time is 7pm)
- Note: The band will not go to the away game (Spring Valley) on Saturday.
Week 2 (Monday, Sept. 8 - Saturday, Sept. 13)
- Monday, Sept. 9: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 10: Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
Note: No performances this week. Both Spring Valley and Ramapo football games are away.
Interested in joining?: If you want to be in the band this year, SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com
Congratulations to the band for their first two performances at last Friday's Ramapo game at Torne Valley and at last Saturday's Spring Valley game. Also, thanks to the parents who provided food and support for the first week.
Week 1 (Monday, Sept. 1 - Saturday, Sept. 6)
- Monday, Sept. 1: Labor Day (No School)
- Tuesday, Sept. 2: Superintendent Conference Day (No School)
- Wednesday, Sept. 3: Superintendent Conference Day (No School)
- Rehearsal at Spring Valley High from 4pm-6pm
- ERMB Parent's Meeting @6pm
- Thursday, Sept. 4: First Day of School
- Friday, Sept. 5: Rehearsal @4pm, followed by Ramapo High Football game at Torne Valley vs. Mt. Vernon (Game time is 7pm)
- Saturday, Sept. 6: Rehearsal @9am, followed by Spring Valley High Football game at Spring Valley High vs. John Jay (Game time is 1:30pm)
Note about last week: The 2014 Band Camp was a big success! If you missed band camp and you want to be in the band this year, SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
The East Ramapo Marching Band cordially invites its members to our Annual Marching Band Awards Dinner on Friday, May 30, 2014 at 6 pm, in the Pomona Middle School cafeteria.
This is a semi-formal event and will include wonderful food, fabulous entertainment, and special surprises.
Our band has worked especially hard this year and is very proud of their accomplishments. We hope you will join us as we celebrate the WORLD FAMOUS EAST RAMAPO MARCHING BAND!
Haitian Day Parade on Sunday, May 18
Meet at Ramapo High School at 1:00
Bring your instruments!! Truck will take them to the Parade Site
Bus Leaving at 1:30!!!!
Back at 5:00 P:M
Wear Clean Uniforms with Black Socks
Black capri or knee length shorts, Red tops, Red bandana, Black shoes.
Banner and flags will be at school.
Pick up permission slips to be signed when parent drops you off at school. Any questions call Ms. Gerry 845 270 1639
There are no rehearsals scheduled as the high school musical's rehearsals and shows are keeping our director and ERMB students busy. Go see "In the Heights" at RHS over March 28 & 29, and at SVHS over April 3, 4, & 5. Check out the announcements at the East Ramapo district website.
Our trip Fri. Mar. 14 - Sun. Mar. 16 to the Washington, D.C. area for St. Patrick's Day parade and tour was a huge hit!
The ERMB plans to attend this parade, the African-American Day parade:
6th Annual Nyack
African American Day
Parade & Festival 2014
As always, our theme continues to be
"UNITY, PEACE & HARMONY"
We extend an opportunity for you to celebrate
the rich heritage that exists in the County or Rockland.
The Annual Parade & Festival have been very successful over the years & we are striving to do bigger & better each year !
Date: Saturday- May 3, 2014
Time: 2pm SHARP
(Rain date: Sat. May 10, 2014)
Parade route: Cedar Hill Avenue (Old Pavillon building)
/right onto Franklin Street/ right onto Main Street
/right onto Broadway/ left onto Depew Avenue/
straight to Nyack Memorial Park
Band Meeting on Thursday, Aug. 21
THERE IS A MEETING SCHEDULED FOR THE EAST RAMAPO MARCHING BAND THIS THURSDAY EVENING AT SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL WITH THE DIRECTOR AT 6:00 p:m. !!! THIS IS A MUST ATTEND MEETING IN THE AUDITORIUM.
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AND WANT TO BE IN THE BAND THIS YEAR, SEND EMAIL TO email@example.com WITH QUESTIONS.
BAND CAMP 2014
New and current band members should attend Band Camp 2014!
||Tues. Aug. 26, Wed. Aug. 27 and Thu. Aug. 28
|| 8:00am-12:00pm every day
||Spring Valley High's band room (northeastern corner of building)
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AND WANT TO BE IN THE BAND THIS YEAR, SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org .
Parents: Each family is asked to donate 1 case of water for band camp. The band thanks you in advance for your help.
DINNER / DANCE on MAY 31, 2013
at Pomona Middle School, 6:00pm-10:00pm
This is open to current band members and their families. There will be a DJ for everyone to dance!
We are asking families to bring a hot dish or vegetable dish or salad to this dinner. Families are bringing Baked Ziti, Chicken & Sausage, Chicken Wings (3 families!), Fried Chicken, Chili, Curry, Lasagna, Meatballs & Rice & Peas, Igloo drink dispenser, Ice, Quiches, Salads, Rice & Beans (2 families.
Heating trays will be available, so bring your hot food. We look forward to having you!
Send me an email if you have questions: email@example.com
Come to Our Home Competition - "African Fantasy" !
(click picture below for a flyer)
The East Ramapo Marching Band is an award-winning band, winning Musical Arts Conference (MAC) Class I champions 2009 Championship on Nov. 14, 2009 (see picture on upper right).
During this past Fall 2012 season, the band performed on the field and in the stands at every football home game of the Ramapo Gryphons and Spring Valley Tigers. They boosted team spirit at Pep Rallies for both Ramapo and Spring Valley High Schools. The band marched in the 25th Anniversary Nyack Halloween Parade, making our 16th appearance in the parade. The tour of the district's schools (and the administration building) the day before Thanksgiving was enjoyed by all.
During the Summer, the band has a couple of practices before the week-long Band Camp in August. The Calendar link on left lists the current information.
In the Spring, the East Ramapo Marching Band participates in parades and events. This time of year is called "Parade Season." See the Calendar ( Click here for Calendar ) for current information.
After the competitions in the Fall, several band members participate in two support groups of the East Ramapo Marching Band: Winter Percussion and Winter Guard. This is the winter season, in December, January and February. Both groups have joint rehearsals together every week, and also both groups go to competitions (each group competes alone, although they go to competitions together). Also during this season, the East Ramapo Marching Band supports our Ramapo High School's and our Spring Valley High School's basketball games.
Friday, Sept. 14, 2012 Schedule for Football Game, Ramapo H.S. vs. Carmel
- Take the regular after school bus to Ramapo High School
- Load the truck
- Run through music
- Eat Pizza (provided by Director)
- Leave for Torne Valley @5:45pm
- Unload truck at Torne Valley
- Game begins at 7:00pm
- Reload Truck
- Return to Ramapo H. S. - approx. 11:00pm
Please ask your parents to be on time to pick you up.
Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 Schedule for Football Game, Spring Valley H.S. vs. Gorton
- Arrive at Ramapo High School at 10:30am
- Load the truck
- Leave for Spring Valley High School at 12:00 noon
- Unload truck at Spring Valley
- Game begins at 1:30pm
- Game ends at 4:00pm
- Reload Truck
- Return to Ramapo H. S. - approx. 5:00pm
Please ask your parents to be on time to pick you up.
A Welcome Message From Our New Director
Hello Marching Band students!
Let me express how ecstatic I am to be the 2012-13 East Ramapo Marching Band Director. I was extremely excited to receive the news. I am looking forward to meeting those of you who I have not had the pleasure of meeting, and anxiously await to see familiar faces.
As a organization I am sure we wish much success to Michael Smith in Nyack. Band students and parents are fortunate to have such a leader. I am sure “Smitty,” as he likes to be called, will be an asset to the musical development of his students.
Though Smitty will be missed in East Ramapo, I expect we will have lots of fun making great music. You will find that the schedule for the marching season is not be “life consuming.” Though I am a marching band person with much experience I also realize each of you have other obligations.
Since there was no band camp in August, competitions will not be part of our season this year. We will continue to support our football teams (Spring Valley and Ramapo High Schools) by playing for all home games. I do intend to have you marching on the field to some degree, so be prepared to march each rehearsal. Drills will be basic and something we all can contribute to. We will also participate in the Nyack Halloween Parade, which I know you look forward to.
Again, things will be different and at times possibly challenging. But, hopefully we will persevere through those moments, continue making great music, and have fun in doing so. Students will have a major role in our decisions and success, so come to all practices with fresh and creative ideas. I am open to your ideas and look forward to seeing how original you can be.
Have a great school year and, help keep music alive!!! See you soon.
Marching Band update
An August 20, 2012 memo to The East Ramapo Marching Band Members from:
Earlena M. Thevenin
Fine Arts Coordinator
Thank you for your patience as we make this major transition for the East Ramapo Marching Band. We are heavy at heart at the loss of Mr. Smith (Note: Mr. Smith was hired by Nyack School District) after all of these years but we are happy that he is beginning a new chapter of his life as band teacher and marching band director in another district.
We are beginning a new chapter in our lives as well and we need to honor Mr. Smith and ourselves by continuing on the path to a new and successful year of Marching Band. This can only happen if each one of you prepares to move forward with SUCCESS as your focus.
You have the foundation, talent and energy to continue as the outstanding marching band that you have become. We have made recommendations for a Marching Band Director and related positions. Their names will be brought before the Board of Education for approval on September 4, 2012.
Marching Band will begin as soon after September 4, 2012 as possible. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or in my office after 9/4/12 at 845-577-6018 any time with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Thank you and enjoy the remainder of your vacation!
Click on picture for a flyer (in .pdf).
East Ramapo Marching Band - Notes
Notes For This Sunday February 26, 2012
Please be at Lafayette Theater in Suffern by 12:15pm. Be prompt. Your show will be performed one time only, followed by viewing of the movie.
Do not go to Ramapo High School as there will not be transportation. Bring your instruments and flags.
Doors open to public at 12:30pm.
Lafayette Theater is on Rt. 59 in Suffern, across the street from Avon and Sacred Heart Church. There is a parking lot on Washington Street. Additional parking is in the rear.
Be ready for your show wearing your yellow band shirt, sneakers
Tickets- $10.00 each. Write your name on envelope with the money and extra tickets. I will be at the theater early to collect them.
Bring friends, families, and more friends and families.
Ms. Evelyn Watford 521-0466
THE ERMB IS STILL RECRUITING
Still want to join the East Ramapo Marching Band?
Have your parent fill out the Travel Release and Information form, and bring it to any rehearsal. We are looking forward to having you in our band.
Please see the Calendar for any changes to the schedule (see link on left).
Disney Performance- The band will be performing at Disney in Orlando, Florida. We are accepting payments for your trip and/or for your child. Please check website for further details.
Evelyn Watford, Pres. Band Parents Assoc.
Click on "Walt Disney World" picture for a flyer and form for the Spring Break 2012 trip.
Click for EAST RAMAPO MARCHING BAND 2011 Travel Release and INFORMATION Form
Michael E. Smith
Webmaster Top of Page